First, you should know that to get any of these Amazon Prime Day deals you have to be an Amazon Prime member! There are so many benefits beyond the free 2-day shipping that I’m addicted to. A recent report on CNN Money stated that 54 million Americans already have Amazon Prime. If you’re not one of them, you can take advantage of a free 30-day trial and get access to all the exclusive Prime Day deals. Then if you can cancel your free trial before it ends and never pay a dime.
— Affiliate links – should you make a purchase by clicking one of our links, we may earn a small share of the revenue.
What Day is Amazon Prime Day?
It is Tuesday, July 11. This is a day of deals that Amazon created and it’s even Bigger Than Black Friday! This post will be updated with the best deals because they started before Prime Day this year.
What is Prime Day?
This year, Amazon Prime Day lasts longer — for 30 hours! The savings kick off on July 10 at 9 p.m. EST and run until 3 a.m. on the 12th. You’ll be able to see at least some of what will be on sale a full 24 hours ahead of Prime Day’s official start. So it’s really more of a Prime Week than Prime Day. Not only will the week leading up to Prime Day be filled with special sales, but Amazon has rolled out 4 exclusive offers on 4 great services. These offers center around some of the benefits that come with being a Prime member.How To Save Even More On Amazon Prime Day.
During Prime Day use an Amazon debit card (Amazon Reload) and get 2% back on purchases (it’s similar to a Target Red card). Plus get a $10 bonus when you put $100 or more on your card. It links directly to your checking account. It’s not a credit card. It simply takes the money from checking instead of creating a new bill you have to pay later. There’s no interest either.
Combine this with the already amazing deals for larger purchases such as a mattress, a laptop or iPad, DSLR camera, or something like a drone. Need some inspiration? Here are Amazon bestsellers which gets updated every hour. It will give you insight into the most popular things to buy on Amazon in America now. You might think fidget spinners are so last year – until you see that they’re the 3rd most popular item (at time of writing this). Search all Prime Day Deals.
Prime Day Deals
New Prime Day Deals – This list will be updated as new deals pour in! They include the most popular items from last year and updated for 2017. I’ve already removed deals that are over so don’t be slow if you want something. You will miss out.
My personal wishlist is an iRobot Braava mop/vacuum (don’t tell Stephen) for Christmas. Cameras and camera equipment. My favorite brand of shoes are on sale – FitFlop at 30% off. These are at Nordstrom and are always over $100 so that’s a steal! I’m also hoping for some Sketchers running shoes.
- Save up to 35% on Smart TVs
- Save $200 on EIGHT Smart mattress. Use code 8PRIMESM on Amazon. It’s only going to work on Prime Day. This mattress is on my list to try!! I love that you can warm up or cool down the bed.
- Linenspa has a mattress sale too. Save 27% right now (already started) – making a twin just $72 and free 5 day shipping too. This memory foam mattress is almost half price. Here’s a link to other mattresses on sale.
- Shoes. My favorite FitFlop brand sandals are the best price ever. I can walk for miles in these in Las Vegas and not get blisters. Love them. These Stride Rite Disney light up shoes are great for back to school and the lowest I’ve ever paid for them. And these Sketchers running shoes.
- Wireless projectors like this one are selling like crazy for $69 off.
- Get $5 off any book purchase over $15 with code PRIMEBOOKS2017
- 31% off an Instant Pot.
Make sure to BUY right away because most deals are called SPOTLIGHT DEALS. They are only good for a few hours only. Make sure you checkout as soon as you add the items in your cart and just don’t keep waiting for hours. A lot of people keep adding items to cart until they are done. But when they checkout, they don’t see discount on some of the items added in cart. That’s why.
See my post on how Spotlight Deals work here along with my list of top deals under $100: http://www.newspapermom.com/amazon-prime-day-spotlight-deals/
Amazon Prime Deals on Amazon Products
Here is a summary of Prime Deals for Amazon services. These are perfect for summer trips or the lazier days of summer…with reading, music and more. Also, if you’re not already a Prime member but have an Amazon device, you can say, “Alexa, sign me up for Prime,” and you’ll get an annual membership for $79 instead of the usual $99.
- Audible – 40% off your first 6 months of Amazon’s audiobook service.
- kindleunlimited – read ebooks up to 40% off.
- Music unlimited music subscription 4 months for 99 cents! Great to use with Amazon Echo or Dot so you can play music anywhere in the house with just your voice command (and more). Amazon Prime already comes with music but this is a much bigger selection.
- Get $10 for watching your first Amazon streaming movie or TV show.
- Get Amazon Prime for $20 off when you use voice ordering to sign up through an Amazon smart device: Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap or Echo Show.
- Wedding Registry – From July 8 to July 11, 2017 (or while supplies last), Prime Members with an existing Amazon wedding registry can enjoy up to 43% off top brands like Delonghi, Black & Decker and OXO. See the list here. Wedding Registry must be created by July 10, 2017. Click here to Create an Amazon Wedding Registry.
Get Paid $10 to Watch a Movie on Prime Video
If you’re new to Prime Video, Amazon will give you a $10 credit to your Amazon account simply by streaming one of the thousands of TV shows or movies. That’s amazing! Try Prime Video and get free money and entertainment on Amazon!
This deal is only available to Prime members who have never streamed anything from Amazon Video. Once you’ve watched something, Amazon will credit your account. The next time you check out with eligible items in your cart, that credit will automatically be applied.
Did you know that you can download movies or shows from Prime Video to watch anywhere (like on vacation or on the airplane) even when there’s no internet?
Get Unlimited Music Streaming for 99¢ a Month
This is very tempting especially because the Amazon Dot has great sound quality and we love listening to music on it in the kitchen while we’re fixing dinner or hanging out at home. You can try Amazon Music Unlimited for 99¢/month for four months—the best deal Amazon has ever offered! You will spend $3.96 during that time. Stream music on your boat, in the back yard, through your phone, basically anywhere for almost nothing. That beats the price on any other paid music subscription service.
Amazon Music Unlimited gives you access to tens of millions of songs. If you decide to keep it, it goes to $9.99/month after the first 4 months.
Read Unlimited eBooks with Kindle Unlimited
Before I leave on a trip I love to stock up my iPad with all the books I want to read. No heavy books to pack or worry about losing. It’s all there on my iPad (Kindle app). Prime members can save up to 40% on a Kindle Unlimited membership during Prime Day. Choose from over 1 million titles. If you don’t own a Kindle or Fire device, just download the free app on any iOS or Android.
The savings increase when you buy a longer subscription length. There are 6-month, 1-year, and 2-year packages. For example, the 6 Month Price was $59.94 and is $44.95 until the end of Prime Day.
Listen to Books with Up to 40% Off Audible
Prefer to listen to a book rather than read one? Perfect for long road trips! My kids learned to love books because I played books for them while we drove from place to place. They were better behaved and everyone enjoyed the time more. I love listening to marketing books in the car while I drive.
Audible boasts the world’s largest library of audiobooks. Get a 6-month discount of 40% on a subscription. You can listen to as many books as you want during that 6 months for $8.95/month. The regular price is $14.95/month so it’s a significant savings.
Up to 35% off Prime Pantry Orders
Prime Pantry is a subscription for everyday family products at low prices and exclusive discounts on Everyday Essentials. I’m talking paper towels, toilet paper, dishwashing detergent, diapers, and other things you use all the time. You get them delivered to your door before you run out, saving you a trip to the store (and the extra items you always end up buying while you’re there). Plus they have coupons.
Right now through July 11, you can find discounts up to 35% on many of these products. If you order at least 5 items, you’ll qualify for free shipping too.
Prices may change, be sure to check Amazon for the latest price information.
Here are a Few More Services for Homeowners or Anyone Having a Baby
- Amazon Home Services – From July 5 to 9, 2017, Prime Members get 20% off on select home installation, replacement, or assembly services. I haven’t used Amazon Home but it looks like you can get house cleaning, landscaping, computer help and more. You can get an estimate online and book everything right on Amazon. In addition, you can read/leave reviews. However, the work is done by independent contractors so the reviews are for whomever the person hired – not for a specific vendor.
- Amazon Baby Registry – Starting July 5, 2017, Prime Baby Registrants who add a participating CYBEX Aton-2 infant car seat to their registry between July 5 and July 19, 2017 and purchase it by March 31, 2018 receive $120 credit back to their Amazon account (equivalent to 40% off).
Amazon Prime Day Hashtags are #PrimeDay and #PrimeLiving – if you want to share this post, please include them. Here’s a pinnable image of the top Amazon centered deals. Thank you for sharing or pinning!